What We Do
We offer a mentoring service that includes the following subjects:
- Decisions about the future development and direction of the organisation.
- Decisions concerning organisational structure and staffing.
- Exploring how an organisation might move to the “next step” in terms of growth and sustainability.
- Positioning and purpose of an organisation to enable strategic focus and better funding applications.
- Support with strategic plans given changes in the funding environment.
- Working with trustees more effectively or using volunteers more effectively.
- Being new in role as a manager or CEO. Helping to think about change and focus.
- Governance issues.
- Marketing Issues
- Team building and support.
How our mentoring works – Connect, Share, Select, Focus, Review, Refer:
Contact Charity Mentors and arrange a telephone conversation with the coordinator to establish whether your project is suitable and, if so, outline what your objectives might be.
If you are the CEO/manager of the organisation, we ask that you share the fact that you are thinking of working with us with your trustees/board. If you are a trustee/chair, share with your fellow trustees. It makes sense in an organisation with collective responsibility that everyone is aware of support at a strategic level. We ask your permission to contact your chair, or other trustees, to explain our role. We need email confirmation from them that they are onboard before we move forward.
We will then help you find the best mentor for your needs so that you can arrange a meeting. The aim of this first meeting is for you and the mentor to decide if you would like to work together on a project and to clarify your goals. You are not committed to working with Charity Mentors until after you have had this meeting.
If you both feel that you can work together productively, you then have a period of around 4-months in which to complete the mentoring project. This might entail just a couple more meetings, or five or six. The whole project is designed around you, your organisation and your needs. The important thing is that you use your mentor whilst you have them!
At the end of the project we ask you to complete a feedback form and we arrange to check-back with you after a period of around 6-months.
The service is free-of-charge and completely confidential between yourself and Charity Mentors although we do ask if you would help us to spread the word and, at a minimum, you summarise the project outcomes to report back to trustees.